Our second year was a busy one here at Tosche Station. Here are some of the highlights you may have missed:
- We did some mythbusting as to whether or not George Lucas ordered Anakin Solo’s death. Sadly like moon landing denialists, many refused to believe the evidence.
- Bria’s insane journey on the Waru Express wrapped in May.
- Of course one insane journey begs for another, so enter the Hondo Caravan!
- Once again, Bria had to make a plea for more diversity in Star Wars.
- This continued with a panel discussing women and minorities in Star Wars at Dragon Con.
- Nanci begged for more practicality in Star Wars fashion.
- Bria helped prospective comic fans get into the Marvel-verse with a helpful guide.
- The Star Wars article with the most hits this year was Brian’s case for Star Wars following the Marvel multiverse format.
- We listed our twelve worst things in the Star Wars Expanded Universe…
- …followed by the fifteen best things.
- Brian profiled the collapse of LucasArts and concluded that their demise was their own doing and not Disney’s.
- The most viewed reviews of the year were Brian and Bria’s takes on Crucible by Troy Denning. This might have been the book that convinced most of the staff Episode VII giving the EU a kick is desperately needed.
- Brian suggested that the
Expanded UniverseSequel Trilogy isn’t real Star Wars and wrote a follow-up the next day.
- For those with a sweet tooth, Emily created a Ryshcate recipe.
- Kenobi forced Nanci to check her gender role assumptions.
- On the podcast, we interviewed Jason Fry and John Jackson Miller.
- Nanci wrote a piece suggesting that the Golden Age of Star Wars is different for everyone.
- She also discussed the problem with the Monolithic Jedi culture plaguing the recent Expanded Universe.
- Emily and Bria launched our second podcast, Women of Odd Enthusiasms.
Thanks for joining us in 2013 and we hope you’ll stick around next year!