Hello, friends, and brace yourselves; we got quite a bit of stuff to cover this week.
First: the bad news. Via the Hollywood Reporter, Disney is pulling its movies from Netflix and starting its own streaming service, which will go live in 2019. What does this have to do with Star Wars, you ask? It’s not yet guaranteed that Star Wars and Marvel movies will be exclusive to this service, but I’m not getting my hopes up. it looks like Disney-branded films and Pixar movies are going to be exclusive to the service and it wouldn’t be surprising if that list of exclusive properties grew.
On to happier, Star Warsier things! EW has delivered unto us a heck-load of TLJ content this past week, including some exclusive images from the film. The images are paired with tantalizing details in the commentary. They also have a lot (as in eight, because of course) of pieces about different elements of The Last Jedi. I’m going to post links with their titles in bullet points, but you can also find all of them here.
- Part I: Can Rey save Luke Skywalker from his own darkness?
- Part II: With Finn and Rose, a ‘big deal’ is redeemed by ‘a nobody’
- Part III: Meet the porgs and ‘The Caretakers’ from Luke Skywalker’s island
- Part IV: Supreme Leader Snoke emerges with elite Praetorian Guard
- Part V: In her final role, Carrie Fisher restores hope for Leia Organa (I’m not crying, you’re crying)
- Part VI: New details on Benicio Del Toro’s devious character
- Part VII: Rey takes her first steps toward uncovering her family history
- Part VIII: Kylo Ren’s humiliation and other tales from the Star Wars dark side
On the literary front, Del Rey has revealed the retailer exclusive posters for Phasma! Continue reading