It’s been two weeks which must mean it’s time for the release of Chewbacca #4 by Gerry Duggan and Phil Noto! (On a personal note, I’d like to add that both gentlemen are incredibly nice and I’m thrilled to have had the chance to meet them at Third Eye Comics the other weekend.)
Like I said last time, this book is tricky to discuss on an issue by issue basis so we’re just going to dive straight into some assorted observations.
- Joe Caramanga has got to be having fun lettering all of Chewie’s speech.
- Yay for the inclusion of Scout Troopers and an AT-ST!
- Again, the use of a character with a disability is deftly handled and feels very realistic for this galaxy. Really smart addition by Duggan.
- Chewbacca’s disguise is brilliant and everything I never knew I wanted until now.
- Zarro and Chewie’s plans really have an incredibly way of going wrong. I’m impressed.
- The poor droid!
- The inclusion of a shistavanen in this book has been neat! It’s nice to see artists/writers go a little further out of the usual alien box.
- Phil Noto’s art is another wow.
Going by the end of the issue and the preview for the final issue, Chewbacca and Zarro are certainly going to have a hell of a time getting out of this mess!